Our cold-pressed organic Argan Oil is produced from the kernels of the Argan Tree which is known in Morocco as the Tree of Life. The production process takes between 12 and 20 hours to process one litre of oil by hand which makes it a rare and expensive oil. It is in fact one of the rarest oils in the world. Argan oil has often been used in cooking and has twice as much vitamin E as olive oil. Argan Oil has many benefits and is rich in anti-oxidants, carotenes, squalene and has 80% unsaturated fatty acids. Used for many centuries as an oil in aromatherapy treatments to nourish and condition hair, strengthen nails and revitalise skin. The oil has an active substance called triterpenoid that offers perfect skin protection and is considered to help against skin ageing. Other active substances include Vitamin E which helps neutralise free radicals and protect against environmental damage and saponins which helps to soothe the skin. Argan oil can be used on skin prone to psoriasis, eczema, dry patches and acne and can also help ease the irritation that can be caused by chickenpox.
Argan Oil is a dry oil that can be used neat on the face and body as a beauty treatment leaving the skin feeling soft smooth and silky. It will help to improve the appearance and texture of the skin. Simple to use by rubbing the oil between the palms of the hands and massaging into the skin daily. The oil can also be used as a bath oil by adding a few drops to a bath to soften the skin. If using on hair simply brush through on static or dry hair. Massage a drop into the nails to strengthen and protect. This versatile oil can also be added as an ingredient massage oils, creams, lotions, shampoos or conditioners to make the oil into a treatment that is ideally suited to your needs.
Benefits of Argan Oil
- Argan oil is full of vitamin E and fatty acids that offer a multitude of benefits to both hair and skin.
- It may help to protect against sun damage.
- It can hydrate the skin and reduce signs of ageing.
- Strangely it can also help control oily skin.
- A study has suggested that at an early stage it may prevent and treat stretch marks.
- Recent research has suggested that argan oil can help repair damaged hair
- Cools and soothes inflammation
- It is reputed to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles by restoring the skin’s hydro-lipid layer
- Smooths split end and improve the condition of damaged hair
Product Specification for the Argan Oil
- 1 x Bottle of Argan Oil
- 100 mls bottle
- Use neat from the bottle
- Can also be mixed with other oils to make your own shampoo, conditioner, body lotion etc
- Cold Pressed